Friday, March 10, 2017

Don't Watch....Read

That is my mantra.  I am done with TV news, I have no idea how they even look themselves in the mirror, for all the flipping and flopping....

Since the election, I want to smack:  Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, MSNBC for putting Greta VanSustern on there (UGH PLEASE), everyone on the TODAY show.  Shit, Brian Williams is actually relief from the madness.

I have been reading online news a lot more - good stuff, not Fake News - and also watching some things on YouTube, like good old Olbermann.

But there is so much out there, and the noise is deafening.  The only cable network I can stand to watch any more is TCM.   Yes, I have my favorite shows (Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Homeland, Shameless) - but since they aren't on all year round, I have no need of regular TV.

A friend says, it's an escape!  What am I escaping from?  Stupidity?  Horrible shit?  That's on TV.  All over the place.  It's more of an escape to turn the thing off.

I wish I could convince the rest of Amurrika that regular TV is half the problem.  Maybe more.


No comments: