Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blizzard my Asss.

So we're supposed to be getting a snowpocalypse.....were supposed to get 18-24"" of snow overnight, so far, maybe 4"....and a crapload of ice.  The news has all kinds of info on "speed restrictions" - hey, I think that if people are driving on ice, it won't matter how slow they go.... I love a good snow.  This stuff we're getting, not so much.

I just got up and turned up the heat.   Remembering an ice storm from 3 years ago where we lost electricty for almost 4 days.  That was lovely.   And after we got the power back, we found that we had lost trees, so many of our 100' arbor vitae had split in half.  Some into the roof of our shed.  Some into the yard.  It wasn't enough to totally decimate the wall of privacy but I fully expect it to go one of these winters.  If we ever get any snow again....real snow....

Here's hoping you don't have too much ice to deal with.  My poor flowers....

No comments: